Friday, July 14, 2017

Love Canvas/ Oriental Trading Company product review

Love Canvas
#oriental trading company

Hey crafty friends. 
I'm here today to share with you a canvas I made using the burlap covered canvas from Oriental trading Company



I started by brushing some gesso across the canvas. Not the whole canvas just enough to give it some texture.
I then added some color by using bubble wrap and some paint. 
Using a stencil, I painted the word Love. 
Some of them I used in their original color. Using brads to hold them together.
The other 2, I used Ken Oliver Mineral Burst to add some color. 

I attached them to the canvas using my hot glue gun.
I also added a few touches with ribbon. Using my crochet needle, I thread some brown ribbon thru the canvas.
And to top it off with paper butterflies I recieved from a friend a while back. 


It did take me a minute to get use to using a different kind of canvas. I'm use to a regular canvas that is not see thru. But after playing around I found that it has it's positives. I was able to add ribbon differently than usual. I could also attach things to the canvas because of the holes in the burlap. It opened me up to new ideas. Which I love.
The other thing I noticed about the flower petals is if you add something for color and use a heat tool, dont get too close as the heat will melt them. Crafty tip.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/craft-and-hobby-supplies-a1-550055.fltr

Disclosure: Oriental Trading has sent me products to review but all opinions are my own.

I hope you liked my project today.
Please leave a comment and let me know. Also, I'd love if you would follow my blog.
I have so many thing coming up to share with you and inspire you.

Thanks for stopping by..
Hugs
Amy

Products used:
Oriental Trading: burlap covered canvas &
Cream colored flower petals.
@orientaltrading
#orientaltrading #burlapcanvas #creamflowerpetals #lovecanvas 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one