Thursday, October 19, 2017

Black and White Halloween

Black and White
Halloween

Hey there Crafty Friends.
I'm here today to share with you a mixed media canvas I made using the inspiration of a challenge photo. 
Its been a while since I took on a challenge
And I have to admit it felt great!!!

But it was a little tricky. 
I had to look at the photo and get something from it that inspired me. 
That wasnt the tricky part, 
because I love Halloween. I love things with skulls and flowers and butterflies too. 
So I knew these things had to be involved somehow. 
But the photo to me screamed a new demention of sorts or dream.. Almost like your stuck in a haunted place, your creative mind is trying to find the good things there, the inspiring things but you're still looking for a way out.
Here is my canvas



I found all kinds of inspiration in this photo



The tricky part was keeping everything Black and White.
You really want to add a splash of color somewhere. 
Its harder than you think. 
My zipper represents the way out. 
My skull was a wood skull unfinished.
I painted it black and then white, using DecoArt Crackle paint and then used black to shade in some areas to make it look more scary and real.
I used texture and Prima flowers as well as other flowers from my stash.
I also used numbers to form a clock around the canvas to make it seem like its falling apart. I made these using a stencil and modeling paste, once dry, I carefully moved them in place. 
The #13 represents Friday the 13th.
I used Creative embellishments Butterfly and Triangle pieces.
I painted them black and added white for details of the butterfly and marks on the triangle.

Thanks for stopping by. 
Hugs
Amy








No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one