Monday, June 5, 2017

Simply Me Dreamcatcher

Simply Me 
Dreamcatcher

Hello crafty friends,
Today is my first post as one of the new DT over on the Victorine Originals blog.  Woot!  Make you go check out our blog and see all the great and amazing projects the design team is creating.  For my project today, I decided to do something I am comfortable doing, a mixed media canvas using the Dream catcher stamp.

When I first saw this stamp, I fell in love with it. It's simple and beautiful. 


Starting out with a 6X6 canvas, I added blues using Decoart media (cyan, turquoise &teal).  I then speckled paint around the background as well as the flowers I added later with cyan, white & magenta. As I was waiting for that to dry, I grabbed a price of brown cardstock & rubbed it down with Tim Holtz Distress paint-walnut stain, then stamped my image in white & then black. Tearing around the image to give it the look I wanted. I used Ken Olivers, color burst to add color to a white lace like paper I had. 
After finding all the accessories from my stash and the perfect wood veneer saying by simple stories, I began to place everything together, moving peices around until they found their spot on the canvas.
Sometimes that takes a while, but if your new to mixed media anything, don't give up. Just keep moving those peices until they fit. You may have to take away and add something different, but it's all worth it in the end. 


I hope you've enjoyed my post today, I have added a list of all supplies used at the end of this post. 
Thank you for coming by and don't forget we are doing challenges every other week so go check out the challenge right now on the blog. Please join in & show us your take on Father's. It ends​ this Friday.
Hugs 
Amy


Supplies used:
Victorine Originals: dreamcatcher stamp
Decoart: media acrylics- Primary Cyan, Cobalt turquoise hue, colbalt teal hue, primary magenta & titanium white.
Ken Oliver color burst
Simple stories wood veneer
Maya Road linen mini banner
K&C company vellum butterflies
Hazel & Ruby pass the tissue
Tim Holtz Distress paint- walnut stain
All other supplies  from my crazy stash (no names attached in other words). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one