Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Growing in Unity Day 3 Grateful Butterfly Canvas

Growing in Unity
Day 3


Hey there crafty friends, I hope you have enjoyed my blog posts so far.  Today is a special day because my project will be up on the Unity blog today. Well and its my Birthday today too...But head over and check it out over there too.
Make sure you leave a comment here before you go.....
you do want a chance to
WIN
Right?

Then make sure you check out and comment on every post here on my blog this week.
Go back to 
Day 2

Up for grabs is 
A grab bag of stamps from Unity!!!!!

I say that is a pretty cool prize to win just for commenting.

Without further delay, here is my project for today.
It is probably my favorite this week.
I love butterflies and I love working on canvas.
I think the colors help too.

What do you think?



I had so much fun making this project,  not only because of the butterflies, which I do love Unity's selection of.
But because it is more of a mixed media type piece.
One of my passions.
to get those fingers messy in paint and create.
It really is so much fun and also relaxing.

Who knew getting messy could turn out this cool....


Usually I use gesso as a base on all my canvas work, but this time I planned to cover the canvas in Tissue paper by Hazel and Ruby.
I love this paper, and use it on so many different things.
Of course, I use modge podge to glue it down.  
make sure you wait for it to dry fully because Tissue paper will rip if you are not careful.
but once dried... It is as tough as nails..... well almost. 


The next step was to add a little dimension with modeling paste and stencils.
 make sure after this step you allow it to dry as well. 
or it can turn into a mess. 

I then grabbed some paint and went at it.  Brushing here and there to make a beautiful back ground.  
I also took two Unity butterfly stamps and stamped in different colors on the back ground. 

I had some cute felt that was perfect for this, but it was white.  So I again had to add some color to make it pop out and join in with the other colors.  



I cut a piece of  card board box up and pulled the flat layer off so i had the bumpy side.  Splashed a few paint drops and let it dry.

Then dug thru my stash and found some great things to add layers with and make it look fun.
I took a piece of thick white card, I had laying around and stamped the beautiful butterfly on it.  I also embossed it to brighten the butterfly up.
I decided to only color in the heart on the butterfly to make it stand out more. 




So.... Do you like it as much as I do??? 

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.
by commenting you will be entered to win a grab bag of stamps from Unity!!!!  
So don't forget to do that before you leave. 
Thanks for visiting today.

HUGS
Amy




Supplies used:
Unity Stamps - Butterfly- Nov 2014 Smak kit and 
               Butterfly- You give me Butterflies by Joslyn Nielson
Ranger Dylusional Stencil- Dotted flower
Hazel & Ruby Tissue paper- Ephemera collage
DecoArt Media - Modeling paste
Simple Stories - Grateful Wood veneer
Creative Embellishments- Octagon shape, Diamond shape, Butterfly
Queen & Co - felt fusion
Studio Calico - wood veneer (frames)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one