Saturday, September 30, 2017

Halloween!!! Shadow box Oriental Trading Company

Halloween
Spooky
Shadow box
Display
Oriental Trading Company

Hey crafty friends, today I have an amazing spooky shadow box and display to share with you.



I started out with these small unfinished wood boxes that were sent to me from Oriental Trading Company.
I glued 4 of them together
After that I used gesso to seal the wood.

I then painted the boxes black
Using DecoArt black paint. 
As I was painting I decided to go over the tops lightly to give it a spooky look. 
I found some neat Halloween paper in my stash to back each box.
I also was sent out these cool wooden skulls which also painted with gesso. 
I started adding different peices of halloween themed papers and stickers and other embellishments until I was happy with them. I used my punches for the trees, hot glue for the spider web. And popsicle sticks to bring things out 3D. 
I cut the spider web out of the spider glitter tape, I was sent and placed it on top of my hot glue web. 
After everything was attached I decided to do more around my shadow box to make a display. 
I used these beautiful Frosted vases and attached labels to them.

Adding to the display I used these unfinished wood slat pieces to which I cut out these cool sign looking papers from my Halloween paper collection I had.
To top it off, I added lights I had laying around to make the display look even spookier. I was very happy with all these products. It took a little creativity on my part, but I'm really happy with the outcome.
Here are a few more close up photos




Disclaimer:  Oriental Trading has sent me products to review but all opinions are my own.


 http://www.orientaltrading.com/holidays/halloween-a1-550760.fltr and http://www.orientaltrading.com/craft-and-hobby-supplies/halloween-a1-550055+1237.fltr

I hope I inspired you to try these great products as well as make something your own this Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Amy


Supplies used:
Oriental Trading Company:
Wooden slates
Wooden boxes
Wooden skulls
Spider Glitter tape
Frosted bottle vases
DecoArt:
Black acrylic paint
Mixed Media Gesso
I aslo used stickers and papers from
Bo Bunny
American Crafts
Authentique






No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one