Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Growing in Unity Day 2

 

Good Morning!  I'm here for day 2 of my Growing in Unity week.  Today I have a card to share.  It has a little mixed media feel to it.  And a sentiment that is so true.  "Change is never easy. You fight to hold on and you fight to let go."


In so many situations this can be true.  We all have dealt with the smallest having to let go moments but its the big ones that stay with you forever.  

I started out by using my stencil and my blending brushes. I placed my stencil over the card, I suggest taping it down using a less sticky tape like washi tape.  I, however just held it in place because the stencil was bigger than my paper.  I blended the ink around in a circle with my brush until I was happy with the color.  I then used a paper glaze medium to go over the outside of the design to get some texture. 

After it was dry I decided to use some distress crayons to distress the background just a little by rubbing it on with my finger. 

I stamped my sentiment and added a little color behind to make it pop. I finished it off with a metal find from my stash. 


I hope you enjoyed my card today. Remember to leave a comment each day here on the blog to be in the running to win $20 from Unity Stamp Company.  

I will pick 2 winners from all the comments at the end of the week.  See you all again tomorrow. 


Hugs

Amy


Products used:

Unity Stamp Company: Change sentiment stamp.

Art Anthology: Lattice 6 Stencil

Catherine Pooler: Suede shoes Ink pad

Picket Fence: Paper Glaze - Ocean Poppy

Tim Holtz: Distress Crayons

Ranger Ink: Archival Ink - Jet Black

Picket Fence Studios: Blender brushes



16 comments:

  1. Love this sentiment and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I was anonymous 😂😂😂 but I still love this sentiment and your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love this stencil and will add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card. I like all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with all the layers of different media!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your mixed media

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love using stencils! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the details on this! Fun stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this awesome BG you created! Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stencils are a good tool for stamping. Charming card.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful card! As you said, that sentiment is so true.

    ReplyDelete

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one