Friday, December 22, 2017

New Years upcycled Clock SumMoreFun Mood Board Challenge#18

SumMoreFun
Mood Board Challenge#18
New Year's
Upcycled clock

Hey Crafty friends
We are back again with another Challenge for you over on the SumMoreFun blog.

Here is our Mood Board


You can take anything from this Board to inspire you. Something from a picture or even one of the colors. 
The theme is New Years. 

Here is what I came up with to inspire you to join in.


I 've had this clock for months sitting in my craft room waiting for the perfect project.
I used Victorine Originals Clock Minutes.

This is a working clock.
So the first thing I had to do was take it apart.
I only had to take the lens and front cover off and then the hands.
I then painted the inside.
And painted the hands purple.
I punched out a circle using Fiskars Circle
 Punch. The paper is from DCWV.
I stamped my image on the circle and attached it to the center of the clock.
My next step was altering and upcycling the outside of the clock.
I used 2 different kinds of Gesso. After they dried I used whipped spackle to add thickness and texture to my background.
Allowing to dry.


I came back and added more texture with stencils and whipped spackle.
Once that layer dried, I came back and started painting and blending my colors.
I then used my stamped image again and stamped a few times in black ink.


I hope I was able to inspire you to try something new.
Dont forget to join in the Challenge.
You have 2 weeks.
Link up your creations up here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Amy
Products used:
Victorine Originals: Clock Minutes stamp
DecoArt: White Gesso
Art Basics Finnabair: Heavy Gesso White
Faber Castell: Whipped Spackle
Prima-Finnabair: Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint
-Metallique Crocus Fields-Emerald Green
-Sparks-Dragons eye
Opal magic:
-Green Brocade
-Royal Robes
The Crafters Workshop: mini specimens
Alphabet stencil
DCWV: Far East Matstack
Fiskars: Large Circle punch
Versafine: oxyz black ink pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments please dont be afraid to leave one